This tutorial video is for the Base 8MP camera version of our Photo Booth Rental.
Step-by-step instructions for how to set up your Pixilated photo booth kiosk.
Photo Booth Setup Instructions
- Unpack - Remove all of the items from the box.
- Set up the tripod - Set up the tripod with the legs 2' apart and raise the neck to your desired height. Then tighten both knobs.
- Mount the kiosk - Slide the kiosk onto the bracket attached to the top of the tripod. Insert the thumb screw and fully tighten it.
- Plug in - Attach the power pack with the velcro strips. Plug the LED Light USB into the top port and plug the Tablet USB into the bottom port.
- Power up - Press & hold the power button on the tablet until you see the loading screen turn on. Allow tablet to fully power on.
- Turn on the light - Press the button on the side of the LED light to turn it on. Press again to cycle through brightness settings.
- Connect tablet to wifi - Unlock tablet with 4-digit pin provided. Swipe down from top of screen, tap and hold the wifi icon. Choose your wifi network and connect.
- Open Pixi app and test - Once connected to wifi, tap on the Pixi icon to start the photo booth app. Once it loads, tap the screen to take a test photo.
- Positioning - Now that you're up and running, check your framing and distance. Make sure the kiosk is level and 4'6"-5'6" from your backdrop (if using one).
PDF Photo Booth Setup Guide with Pictures
Download a full color pdf of the Base 8MP Photo Booth Setup Guide including pictures for each step.
Looking for instructions for our Pro 18MP camera? Click here for Pro 18MP setup video.
For more helpful resources, how tos, and setup guides, check out the Pixilated Resource Library.