Considering a 360 Photo Booth Rental
Are you considering renting a DIY photo booth for your upcoming event? If so, have you considered renting a 360 photo booth, also known as a spinning photo booth?
A 360 photo booth allows your guests to take a video clip or gif, capturing the shot with a camera on a rotating arm that spins around the subject.
What is a 360 Photo Booth?
A 360 photo booth is actually a type of spinning video booth where a camera rotates around a circular platform, capturing a burst of photos or video of guests as they stand on the platform. The output creates a seamless gif, boomerang, slo-mo or other type of video clip that captures the entire environment around the guest. This creates a unique and immersive experience that can make your event stand out.
How Does a 360 Photo Booth Work?
A 360 photo booth typically consists of a circular platform with a camera rig mounted on top of an extended arm that rotates around the platform. Guests stand on the platform while it rotates, and the camera rig takes a burst of images or video clip as the platform spins. The camera rig can either be a single camera that rotates around the platform, or multiple cameras positioned around the platform to capture different angles simultaneously.
Some 360 photo booths also come with additional features such as customizable branding, backgrounds, and virtual reality integration.
How Much Does a 360 Photo Booth Rental Cost?
The cost of renting a 360 photo booth can vary depending on several factors such as the length of the rental, location, and the features included.
A 360 photo booth rental can range from $200-$600 per hour. With events typically ranging from 3-6 hours, the price range per event could vary from as low as $600 (3 hours at $200 per hour) to $3600 (6 hours at $600 per hour).
On average, a 4-hour event costs around $1600.
In addition to length of time, other price variables may include size of platform, number of staff required for setup and operation, complexity of equipment, backdrops, lighting, location, and number of sharing tablets.
Some companies may offer additional services or customization options that can increase the cost. It's important to research different companies and compare their pricing and services to find the best option for your event's needs and budget.
In addition to the rental cost, it's also important to consider any additional fees such as delivery, setup, and teardown. Some companies may include these fees in the rental cost, while others may charge them separately.
Overall, while a 360 photo booth rental may be a significant investment, it can provide a unique and memorable guest experience that can make your event stand out.
Pros of a 360 Photo Booth
- Unique Experience: A 360 photo booth offers a unique experience that your guests won't forget. The photo booth spin creates a fun and interactive atmosphere, encouraging guests to get involved and try it out.
- Amazing Video Output: 360 photo booths capture a really immersive, interesting video that your guests will absolutely love.
- Social Media Sharing: Many 360 photo booths are equipped with social media sharing capabilities. This allows guests to share on their social media platforms, increasing your event's visibility and creating a buzz around it.
- Customizable: 360 photo booths are customizable, meaning you can add your own branding and logos to the photos. This is a great way to promote your event or brand and increase brand awareness.
- Enagement & Involvement: The spinning photo booth make everyone want to try it out! Since it is a rare occasion to be able to capture such a cool video, your attendess are sure to get involved.
Cons of a 360 Photo Booth
- Higher Cost: A 360 photo booth is generally more expensive than a traditional photo booth. This is due to the additional equipment, staff, specialized software, and technology required to create the spinning effect.
- Space Requirements: A 360 photo booth requires more space than a traditional photo booth. This is because the rotating arm needs at least 8 feet in diameter plus additional clearance for safety of guests. In addition, there will need to be room for a line and sharing station.
- Technical Difficulties: A 360 photo booth is more complex than a traditional photo booth, which means there is a higher chance of technical difficulties occurring. This can be frustrating for guests and may result in downtime.
- Longer Wait Times: Because the spinning photo booth takes longer to capture and transition between guests, there may be longer wait times. This can lead may result in guests opting out of using the booth altogether.
- Limited Availability: Due to the higher cost of buying a 360 booth, the technical expertise, and the staffing requirements, 360 booths may not be available from all photo booth rental companies. This can limit your options when it comes to selecting a vendor.
How to Decide if a 360 Photo Booth is Right for You
If you're still unsure whether a 360 photo booth is the right choice for your event, consider the following factors:
- Budget: A 360 photo booth is generally more expensive than a traditional photo booth, so it's important to consider your budget before making a decision.
- Space: Do you have enough space for a 360 photo booth? Consider the layout of your event space and whether there is enough room for the spinning photo booth to be placed in a suitable area.
- Technical Expertise: Does the vendor you're working with have the technical knowledge to make sure the 360 booth is set up properly and safely, and can they run it smoothly for the entirety of your event?
- Guest Experience: Will a 360 photo booth enhance the guest experience at your event? If your guests love trying out new experiences, a 360 photo booth may be the perfect addition to your event.
- Event Type: Consider the type of event you're hosting. A 360 photo booth may be more suitable for a corporate event where brand awareness is a key objective, or red carpet event where you need to add a real wow factor, as opposed to a more intimate event such as a wedding or birthday party.
How to Find a 360 Photo Booth Rental Company
If you decide that a 360 photo booth is the right choice for your event, the next step is to find a reputable rental company. Here are some tips for finding the right rental company:
- Research: Do your research and read reviews of various rental companies in your area. This will give you an idea of their reputation and the quality of their equipment and services.
- Referrals: Ask for referrals from friends, family, or colleagues who have used a 360 photo booth rental company in the past.
- Portfolio: Look at the rental company's portfolio of past events to get an idea of their work and the type of events they have experience with.
- Availability: Ensure that the rental company has availability for your event date and that they can accommodate the space requirements of the spinning photo booth.
- Price: Get quotes from several rental companies and compare their prices and services. Don't automatically choose the cheapest option, as this may not necessarily be the best value for your money.
Tips for Maximizing the Benefits of a 360 Photo Booth
Once you've decided to rent a 360 booth for your event, here are some tips to maximize its benefits:
- Promote the Booth: Promote the photo booth spin before and during the event to encourage guests to use it. This can be done through social media, event signage, or announcements.
- Provide Props: Provide fun and unique props for guests to use in their photos. This can enhance the guest experience and create more memorable photos.
- Add Branding: Customize the photos with your event or brand's logo or messaging. This can increase brand awareness and make the photos more shareable on social media.
- Encourage Sharing: Encourage guests to share their photos on social media by providing a designated hashtag or social media handle. This can increase the visibility of your event and create buzz around it.
Alternatives to Renting a 360 Photo Booth
While a 360 photo booth can be a unique and memorable addition to your event, it may not be the best option for every budget or space requirement.
Here are some alternatives to consider when you rent a photo booth:
- Traditional Photo Booth: A traditional photo booth may be a more affordable option for smaller events or tighter budgets. These booths typically offer photo strips and may not have the same level of customization or technological features as a 360 photo booth, but they can still provide a fun and entertaining guest experience.
- Open-Air Photo Booth: An open-air photo booth can offer a similar level of customization and guest experience as a 360 photo booth but without the space requirements. These booths typically consist of a backdrop and props and can be set up in smaller spaces.
- DIY Photo Booth: A DIY photo booth can be a budget-friendly option for those who are willing to put in the effort to create and set up their own photo booth. This can include using a tripod and camera or renting a photo booth kit.
- Black & White Photo Booth Kit: A black and white photo booth kit can add a unique and classic touch to your event. These kits typically come with a backdrop and props, and the photos are printed in black and white for a vintage feel.
- GIF Photo Booth Kit: A GIF photo booth kit allows guests to create fun, animated GIFs that can be shared on social media. These kits can come with a backdrop and props and may include customization options like branding or messaging.
- Green Screen Photo Booth Kit: A green screen photo booth kit allows guests to take photos in front of a green screen backdrop, which can then be replaced with a custom image. This can be a great option for events with a specific theme or branding.
When considering alternatives to a 360 photo booth, it's important to weigh the benefits and limitations of each option and determine which best fits your event's needs and budget.
Renting a 360 photo booth has its pros and cons, but it can be a unique and memorable addition to your event. By considering your budget, space requirements, technical expertise, and guest experience, you can determine whether a 360 photo booth is the right choice for you.Remember to research rental companies, promote the booth, provide props, add branding, encourage sharing, and offer prints to maximize its benefits. Happy spinning!